Sunday, December 2, 2012

Hello Out There?

Is anyone still with me?  I finally took my laptop in to get it fixed, which means it's now running the way it's supposed to and I can blog again without lots of curse words and frustration.  I knew my laptop wasn't doing so well when I was finishing my dissertation.  Because that's the perfect time for your laptop to get a virus and take a million years to switch from one window to another.  I couldn't do anything about it that point because I couldn't part with it for any amount of time.  Then I figured that I would only need it to do things like surf the internet and look at pictures, so why bother taking it in?  But then it became impossible to do my favorite things like play Wizard101 and look at pictures of myself from before I was pregnant and marvel at how young I looked a mere two years ago.

So, I took it in the week of Thanksgiving and it (allegedly) took them over a week to clean it all up.  But now it's running really well and I mysteriously have a copy of Microsoft Access I didn't have before, which is quite handy since a big part of my job is managing an enormous database.  Now if I want to take it home if I'm sick or something, I'll be able to continue to work at home.  So, the point of all of this is now I will be able to blog again!  Hooray!  I've been furiously uploading pictures to Flickr since I got it back and have a lot of photos in store for you.  But for now, I leave you with photos of us playing a new game with the dogs that's called Hanging Bacon From the Clothesline.  One clothespin might have lost its life during this game. It's amazing what Lazy Levi will do when you dangle a little bacon a few feet above his head.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get any pictures of him actually jumping for the bacon since it was getting dark and I had to use the flash.  But, I am sure this game will evolve into many editions of various foodstuffs hanging from the clothesline.

DSC_8849

DSC_8848

DSC_8847

DSC_8845

6 comments:

Sam said...

We were wondering! Welcome back!

Sam

Brie said...

Haha, that's a GREAT game to play with dogs! I'm pretty sure my pitty would start his high-pitched, whinny bark though ;)

Two Pitties in the City said...

Great to see you back!

Kari in Vegas said...

Welcome back :)

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Amy said...

ahaaaa, best game ever! Wonder if that would work with Brady, ha ha JUST kidding!

Kinsley said...

Glad to see you're back, love the new game!